Saturday, June 14, 2008

To the Land of Evergreens and Geoducks

I'm off to Seattle today. This year I have been a recipient of a "post-baccalaureate" grant funded by the Lilly Foundation to put towards my student loans. I also get to attend a "debriefing retreat" in order to talk about my internship experience with a small group of peers that I graduated with last year. It's a pretty great deal for me because it's an opportunity to talk about my experience at length with other ministry-minded people that have been in very similar positions. It's also a chance to connect with my sister and some friends from college that I haven't seen in about a year.

My parents are also coming out to the east coast on the 16th, which should be interesting considering I will at that time still be in Seattle. How am I supposed to host my parents in New Hampshire while being in Seattle you ask? Good question. One that I'm still working on.

Anyway, mom and dad are here for about 9 days. They both are celebrating birthdays next week which should be fun. I've got some fun activities lined up for us including a trip to Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor, Maine, a couple of fun tours of Portsmouth, NH, and surfing and an epic bicycle ride for my dad and I. I'm also preaching again next Sunday so that should be interesting to have my parents sitting in the front pew while I espouse doctrinal truths. My next few posts will be highlighting some of these adventures.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

looking forward to hearing about that. i'm sure the peer conversations will be invaluable.