Friday, May 16, 2008

Old Friends

The first half of the week I was host to old family friends that I traveled to South Africa with back in 1998. Since that trip I think I have seen David and Lynn (just newly weds at the time of the trip) only a handful of times. The last time I had seen them their daughter was only 2 years old. Margret is now 8 and since then Madeline has been added to the line-up. It's crazy how time flies and how you can go 6 years without seeing the same people you used to see on a daily basis. I guess this is a part of growing up? Going years and years without seeing people only to get a random phone call: "Hey, I'm in the area!" Anyway, it was great reconnecting with them and becoming and instant "uncle" and being able to play host, even if their family of 4 didn't really fit in my apartment.

No comments: