Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dear Joe & Amy

Your wedding was great. It was more than great. Many couples would covet a ceremony such as yours. I felt like I was surrounded by something mighty. Maybe it was the sound of the organ that accompanied your special day? (The organist told me that it's the largest pipe organ west of the Mississippi with nearly 7,000 pipes). I know it was more than that, though.

Thank you for allowing me to read scripture in your wedding. What a gift. The text you had me share was most appropriate. Reading it in the context of your wedding gave me new insight into what it means for human beings to find a unique partnership in one another.

As the pastor remarked, you have indeed done well in choosing each other. And now you have entered into a covenant relationship that God promises to bless and strengthen. Your marriage will forever be a means of grace.

Enjoy Chelan!

~Ric

1 comment:

JET said...

Thanks Ric! I can't tell you how glad I am that you were able to make it and read for us.