Thursday, May 14, 2009

Does Anyone Remember What the Pastor Said at the Wedding?

Just a minute ago, I was preparing my sermon for the wedding I'm officiating this weekend and it dawned on me, Does anyone remember what the pastor said at the wedding? Oh sure, there are a few memorable lines like Dearly beloved (actually, I don't even say that), and You may kiss the bride (hmm, maybe this is the only one), but when Sunday morning rolls around, I don't think anyone will recall my precious sermon that right now I'm stressing out about.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I've got some bad news for ya: people won't remember MOST of your sermons. :) Not trying to knock you or pastors in general...just speaking from personal experience.

Carol said...

you're going to do great. don't stress. your crazy weekend will all be over soon, and then we get to go on our trip. i love you i love you i love you. (am i allowed to say that online?) :)