Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's October and Jake Lives on My Couch

It's been about 2 weeks since my last post. Unacceptable, I know. To my mother and my 3 other faithful readers, my deepest apologies. Moving on, my transient friend Jake is currently living with me and we're doing our best to make the most of October in New England. Last Saturday Jake and I and my two friends Jen and Abby hiked a 9 mile loop called the Franconia Ridge. During the car ride north we appreciated the colorful foliage. By the time we reached Franconia's exposed ridge we were enduring snow, ice, and powerful wind gusts.

On Monday and Tuesday I dragged Jake along to a youth workers retreat at a camp in western New Hampshire. We stuck around a little longer after the retreat and canoed around Swanzey lake while my friend Carol shared "little known facts" about the lake and the surrounding houses.

Jake and I are also planning a trip to New York and D.C. and we hope to meet up with our friend Adam who recently moved to Delaware.

6 comments:

Jess said...

Glad you are still blogging! I was worried that your posts were going to be as rare as Chad's! We had lunch with your parents today, they miss you! We do too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ric Wild said...

Bethany... how could you!?

Carol said...

ah, there is that picture. jake's gotta get crackin with a facebook album.

Bethany said...

Can you put the comment I wrote back on? Jake is reminding me now of how mad you were....

Carol said...

hahaha, yes, i think you should put bethany's comment back up.