Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Learning Greek

In high school I recorded a twenty-six percent on a Spanish quiz. Yeah, we're talking 26%, in as "F" minus, minus, minus... In college, I struggled through yet one more year of Spanish. And now, I've decided that since I did so well with the easiest language for an English speaker to learn that I'd try my hand at Greek. Despite my former disappointments in learning a second language, I am happy to share that I have already mastered ten percent of the words found in the New Testament. Are you impressed? Well, you shouldn't be impressed. The Greek word transliterated "kai" means "and," which happens to be 1 out of 10 words found in the NT.

5 comments:

Tyler said...

congrats man.

Paul Diamond said...

We've been in greece for a year and can hardly speak a word!

Cehck it out - http://weareingreece.blogspot.com/search/label/Learn%20Greek

Carol said...

i've come to the conclusion that you are a blog person. you're good at blogging. you write about interesting things. i on the other hand, don't think i'm very good at it. but here i am, if you want another friend in the blog world.

JET said...

you're on your way man, before you know it you'll be slogging through john 1 and feel like you're making progress.

JET said...

oh, I forget to tell you a little secret:
www.zhubert.com - the greek student's greatest friend.